View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 10:00 AM
Iceblossom

Huge clams! We have geoducks here Probably base them off a 6" circle which will fit the 12" blocks and 2-4" sashing well.

I cut the sashing, am rather committed at this point but I can always trim down the sashing on the ends and/or use the 9 blocks. Next step is to sew the sashing and then double check with one long row that I still have enough yardage. Mathematically I do but not by much, if there is much of a slant in the cut I won't make it. Should be able to post a picture of the top today, that's the plan anyway.

Then it's on to the next top, already cut, just need to make the pieced sashing and put it together.

Hubby's truck has been down for the last month, getting a new engine for it. First one came in the wrong size. Next one was delayed in shipping (went from California to Florida and then here to Washington). They refused it because it looked like it had been flooded. So then it was another week's wait but this one is in and will be ready for pick-up today. It will feel good to be able to use my car again, not that I really go anywhere but it's been weighing on my mind that I can't go anywhere. But it's been good to be housebound, I am getting some things done but I get distracted. I really should have been paying more attention to straightening up my sewing room but I've been using the excuse to "get this project done" and "get this project cut and out of the way".