View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Barb in Louisiana

If you have one, bring a walker with a seat. It is easier to move around with than the motorized chair and will give you a chance to rest when you want to. Very comfortable shoes and clothes. A very large carry bag (cannot be a roller) to put any purchases in. Ride it on the seat of your walker until you need to sit down. Babylock, and other machine vendors give out free bags, grab several! If you fill one, go check it in for about 5 dollars. Make sure & write your name on it in big letters. Bring your big black marker with you. Take a picture of the tag they give you so you won't have to find it at the end of the day.

Go at least two days. One for the vendors and one for the quilts. The food and drink is fairly expensive. I bring some small snacks in my purse...pretzels, SF hard candies. Save your water bottle and fill it at one of the fountains. Take plenty of pictures. If you can, get a program and mark all those vendors you want to see. I write a single list showing vendor name, row and stall #. And just soak up all those wonderful quilting vibes going on. Almost forgot...there are usually some free classes that are open to anyone that wants to sit down. Go online and see if you can find those and schedule your rest breaks around those. Eleanor Burns is a wonderful speaker.

https://www.quiltfest.com/upcoming-s...uilt-festival/

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 09-29-2018 at 04:16 PM.