View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 05:35 AM
southernmema

Dear Blueridgebeverly, I am a member of Georgia's Own QOV and piece QOV quilt tops. It is absolutely OK for you to make your father's quilt. I, like others, think it would be so special to him to have a QOV made for him by his daughter. You may award the quilt in whatever setting, etc., you chose. Just make sure you place a label on the back stating it is a QOV, etc. QOV website has alot of helpful info. And also google Quilts of Valor for patterns, info, etc. Just make sure that if your father is awarded a QOV, go to the QOV website and under the tab "Take Action" click on "Report a Quilt of Valor Award" so that his quilt will be registered with the organization and counted in the tally for number of quilts awarded.
Thank your father for his service! (My father was also a WWII veteran - Greatest Generation) And by all means, go ahead and make him a quilt as unfortunately most QOV groups have backlogs and it might take awhile to have one presented if you request online......and did you know that you can join QOV online as an individual? Our organization needs all the help we can get. Best wishes. Linda