View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
...a quilt loaded onto a longarm rack attracts cats to lounge on the "hammock" created, they love it more than catnip! Mine is in a back bedroom I keep closed off. One time I came out of the room to use the bathroom and didn't shut the door behind me. In less than a secnd one of my Maine Coon cats was in there and sprawled out on the quilt like he was king of the castle. LOL. ... Something about cats and a room they are not allowed into makes it that much more enticing to them. ...
I'm absolutely certain that my cats would love a big hammock like that. We have one guest room that we always keep closed so that a visitor won't have to sleep with cat hair. I think Lizzie the calico knows the sound of that particular door latch because although I can usually be vigilant and keep her from going in with me, as I come out, there she is waiting for the opportunity to dash around my feet and hide under the bed where I can't reach her. There's nothing in there that would attract her, but it's territory she wants to establish as her own. I could put a longarm in that room and give up the guest bed, but I don't think it would completely solve the cat problem.