Thread: Longarm Rental
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 06:11 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
I don't yet know if she has some requirements about the renter having basic instruction (and paying her for the time that would take). There is a company some distance across town from us that rents the use of their machines for a similar price, as I recall, and they definitely require you to take a class from them first. You provide the materials. I don't remember what the fee was. This was a few years ago, a dealer I talked to at a quilt show. I didn't do it mainly because of the driving distance. Worse than that, I've lost their business card and don't remember the name.
Rose, Quilt Country in Lewisville rents time. I've not been there, so don't know the details (My cousin has rented there.). Also, Urban Spools in Casa Linda Plaza rents time. They charge $175.00 for a private class, but I'm not sure about the per hour charge. Her rental machine is not computerized. Sew Lets Quilt It in Richardson used to rent time. I think their machine is computerized. I'm not sure if they still rent time.

I think about renting time, but have not ventured there yet.

bkay