View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 09:18 AM
hobbykat1955

I started out w/a Lily Viking bk in 2000...Can't believe I spent 1000 on that machine but it is a good little machine.
In 2007 I got interested in Embroidery so I bought a Viking EM10 which is now obsolete since it will only run on XP Windows and they don't make bobbins for it anymore. 6 mths after that purchase I upgraded to Viking SE combo emb/sewing which I still use and love and pray it never dies since to replace it was cost me a price tag of a car.
Thru the yrs I became a collector of Vintage Singers so I have 5 diff models of those, found a Standard (brand name) Treadle also.

I thought I needed a Serger I didn't so it sits...Thought I needed a Viking Felting machine it sits w/the serger never ever used (one day both go on ebay. I then invested in a Babylock Sashiko which does only hand like stitches use that all the time and a Singer Reproduction Featherweight which I use also all the time...Last wk Singer had a close out sale on their Studio S10 emb machine marked down from 859 to 199 and I figured why not for that price to have as a bkup emb machine...

I'd love an Emb/Sewing machine upgrade like the Epic but not at the current prices. Sewing machines become an obsession and I keep saying you can only use one at a time unless of course you have ladies over for a sewing party.