View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 05:30 AM
romanojg

I had my Singer for over 20 years, it worked great. About 15 years ago I started sewing again, I started checking around. I knew nothing next to nothing about embroidery machines so I didn't even look in that directions. Now that I have one I'm glad I didn't buy one way back then, the one that I'd seen that I could have afforded I wouldn't have liked it. I did buy a Kenmore\Janome with lots of stitches that I loved and gave to my daughter when I did upgrade. I now have a Viking Diamond Deluxe, I love it, I have just about all of the hoops and they have some of the biggest ones around. One thing that keeps me grounded as far as upgrading, especially to another brand it the money I'd lose. I have so many hoops and all of the feet that I'd not be able to justify the loss. I've only had 2 problems in the past 5 years or more since I got it. One cost me 50 and the 2nd cost me 75. That's not bad, I'm hoping to take it in to get serviced after the holidays. The last time it was repaired the guy was impressed that it was so clean. I think that even if it cost me a thousand to repair, I'd probably do it because I'd still being paying less than a new one. If I did trade in for the next one up, it would be the same brand because it'll use all of my accessories. And I love my features on my machine.