View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 03:24 PM
themadpatter

Default Let's talk about adapters, ok?

OK. I've seen adapters that basically lengthen the presser shank from a high shank to a low shank. What I'm wondering is if anyone has ever experimented with doing whatever to make a slant shank use a low shank ankle and feet. Yes, yes, I know just making it longer won't work, because of the alignment difference with the slant.

Has anyone seen a chart that has detailed drawings comparing the foot height and distance between the presserfoot shaft and the needle hole? I can do the measuring, but only if no one else has ever done it before.

Why would I want to do this? Because there are a ton of snap on feet, but there is no snap on ankle for slant shanks. There's only a skinny one that uses the few Singer feet made for some model or other. I don't know slant shanks that well.

If Miessner's Sewing Center had only fixed the transformer on my Necchi, I would never have been lured over to the dark side by you people, and I would never even have begun to think these kinds of thoughts. Ha, ha, ha! Riiiiigggghhht!