View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 08:37 PM
themadpatter

Originally Posted by MJTX View Post
I don't know if this will help you themadpatter, but in case other folks are looking for adapters, Creative Feet sells a couple of types of specialty snap on feet that come with 4 adapters including the slant shank to snap on type like Mickey2 mentioned. (The package also includes low shank, high shank and super high shank adapters) The specialty feet are a bit pricey but I found the one on ebay.

Basically I bought the Ribbons and Sequin foot mostly for the adapters and used the slant shank adapter to make a see through quarter inch foot for my Singer 404 and a high shank one for my Kenmore. Note that these are plastic adapters so I don't know how durable they will be if you change the snap on part frequently, but they worked great for creating a "specialty" foot for my slant shank and high shank machines.

Here's a pic of the slant shank adapter on the snap on quarter inch foot and the unattached high shank adapter. The adapters are the standard snap on width, not the super skinny type that only fits certain Singer feet. [ATTACH=CONFIG]604999[/ATTACH]
This is genius! I have an elastic foot I got a long time ago- I will have to see if it has these adapters. I'm surprised the invisible zipper feet don't have one of these. I'll check those, too.