Old 12-16-2018, 05:34 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Linmar View Post
...............I'm sure the Janome isn't the most complex machine out there, however. I've found with my hobbies that the less time I have to spend setting up equipment, the more likely I am to actually work on something. (Or even start in the first place.) BTW, throat space will not be a huge factor. I'm not planning to make very large quilts.
And reasons why you would appreciate the 6600 over the 6500. That Accufeed is definitely a huge improvement over the 6500 not having it.

The price you mentioned seems pretty high to me for both of these being older models.

Another thought .... you have mentioned you do have other machines and are concerned about going too high end at this time. Perhaps then, stick with what you have til you outgrow them, and then aim for what you want a little further down the road when you are ready to switch up.

TBH the 6600 was what made me fall in love with sewing/quilting. While I had done a fair amount of sewing/quilting before that, it was my first really good machine. Til then I had basic machines, but they were just not so enjoyable to sew with as the 6600. I credit it for developing my passion, because it was a treat to work with.

Good Luck as you make your decisions.