View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 06:33 AM
Rennie

Christy, I agree with Cari on the Janome 500e. I have a Brother 770 and liked it fine - except for the screen and size and width for embroidery. I also have a Babylock combo sewing/embroidery -- and I love that one, too. BUT after I saw the Janome 500e in operation at a quilt expo this summer, I knew I wanted it. It comes with a side platform that supports the largest hoop - which is one of the problems with other machines (the lack of support on the big hoops). I especially like that the hoop attaches on the right side of the machine, so your quilt can have all the space to the left. The large hoop is great for the edge to edge software, the on board editing features are so user friendly, and the harp space is great for quilting projects. I did get a great deal, buying at a show.
Since you have sewing machines, you will find a dedicated embroidery machine a plus - I piece at my Babylock while I embroider something on my Janome -- and that way I do not have to keep changing machine pieces to go from quilting to embroidering, either. Any of the top names are usually quality machines - so good luck, and let us know what you do. Merry Christmas!