Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 02:36 PM
Janice McC

Libster, I saw that, too. Prices are continuing to rise. I hope it won't be so much as to prohibit some from participating. And, to that end, I'm going to request no one send multiple F8s. It's not a problem for all but when multiple people send more than a single F8 and are in both groups, it necessitates a considerable shipping increase because I've got to use either two padded envelopes or move up to a box. As I could not predict if I could manage with one package, the last two rounds saw me contacting at least half the members at the last minute asking for additional shipping money. I felt like I was holding blocks hostage, something I didn't like. While this is not an issue for some, others prefer to keep the costs minimized. So, please, make it one F8 and perhaps a small square of additional fabric if you must but multiple F8s are out.

Please also remember the Boom is meant to be a pleasant experience for everyone so anyone who cannot control their negativity need not apply for membership.

Looking at dates, I anticipate posting signups in the early part of January, ending mid'ish January, with you shipping F8s to me to begin shortly thereafter. I hope to be able to get the F8s to you by the very first part of February.

OK, that's more than enough info for now. I'm looking forward to an enjoyable Boom 22 in early 2019. I hope many previous Boomers will want to join and we'll always welcome newbies to swap as well. Later, Boomers!