View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 01:26 PM
meyert

trying to decide what pattern to use for a memory quilt is my biggest problem. Dealing with that now

I would definitely stabilize the tshirts. I have made a number of tshirt quilts and I used stabelizer for them all. I actually can't imagine not using stabilizer. the tshirts get wonky real easy. I use this stablizer. But I am sure there are a number of them that work well

https://smile.amazon.com/Heatn-Non-W...EBK2S948CA6089

the best advice I can give you is to google memory quilts. there are a ton of different pictures out there. You will get some inspiration as you look through everything

I have attached pictures of some that I made for Christmas. I did not put jeans as the shadow box - but I did put jeans on the top and the bottom of the tshirt blocks on the first quilt. The other 2 have shirts cut into 7" blocks and then the larger tshirt logos I cut larger... and I did some applique with the jeans as well. the last 2 are straight tshirts

Not saying that mine are great, but I am sharing because inspiration pops in when you least expect it [ATTACH=CONFIG]606031[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]606032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]606033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]606034[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]606035[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1502.jpg   img_1626.jpg   img_1530.jpg   img_1577-copy.jpg   img_1578-copy.jpg