View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 05:55 AM
zozee

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes View Post
haha, thankyou magicmoonmusings....the colours are a bit washed out in the photo...more vibrant in "real life" but by the time I had finished it I was well and truly sick of it so I gave it to my daughter. Now, every time I visit her and see it on her couch I think "hmmm, not so bad after all....I wonder if I can ask for it back"!
You're too funny. Somehow those quilts we get sick of working with take on a new beauty after being apart. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and all that.

Seriously, though, I was also thinking "wow!" when I saw your quilt. I like all the vivid scrappies more than I would if it were only two colors. I admire people with the discipline to use only two, but so far I have not succeeded . That would be a great challenge (maybe a bore?) Maybe I could do two colors, but certainly would feel creatively pinched to use just two fabrics over and over, block after block.

As long as you have a stark contrasting solid background, I would think a controlled scrappy would look fab.