View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 05:44 AM
Lady Diana

Maybe the reason it was tossed into her scrap bag was because she changed the pattern and there wasn't enough to finish the change in her design. Personally, I would buy the pattern, now on sale, undo the star blocks, remove the tan border (although I do like the color), take your purchased pattern, make the "on point triangles" out of solid burgundy and green (match your colors in your star blocks) and don't do the partial fan border. Keep the border simple outside of your on point blocks. The original quilter has the correct number of star blocks to complete the on point quilt pattern. She created a conundrum when she added the tan border and did not piece on point with the star blocks. I see those as the two "fixes". Remove the tan border, remove the top and bottom blocks, undo the two sets of three star blocks, add the on point triangles, and put a plain border around the outside. The quilter did a great job of matching points, so don't understand why she strayed away from the On Point design. Really like this pattern. Best wishes in finishing this lovely quilt.