View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 07:53 PM
givio

I've read a lot of Barbara Brackman's posts. She has more than one blog that she writes. Her photos and 'history lesson' are always interesting to me. Her books are the same, very informative and historical. I especially like the research she does about patterns and techniques, showing photos of quilts housed in museums or collections that illustrate what she is talking about.

She just posted yesterday about an antique quilt where triangles were made with strings, which was interesting to me as it reminded me of the recent BHMQ Good Fortune, where the string technique was used for a rectangle. BB is always quick to point out the historical use of the block patterns she uses. Even if she tweaks a pattern, she doesn't seem to call it her own, but rather gives her unique spin of the pattern and how what she chose to use is rooted in history. BB is a wonderful asset to the world of quilting.

I plan to follow along for this series of posts. I'm not sure if I'll also start sewing the project. The sewers that work on BB's patterns often use the most lovely reproduction fabrics! They make me drool. Wish I had those in my stash!