Old 01-22-2019, 12:06 PM
RonieM

Congrats on your first retreat! I have been participating in retreats for many years and look forward to them.

I LOVE my scissor sitter for keeping a small pair of scissors with me at all times. It is held on with a really strong magnet, so I don't have to worry about losing it. http://www.puffinco.com/scissor-sitt...issor-keepers/

I also got a basket at Michael's that has handles and multiple compartments in it for all my scissors, needles, pens, etc. It makes it really easy to locate all your notion type things. I found it in the scrap booking section of the store.

Here are some helpful hints, tips for getting ready to go:
*Bring more projects than you can possible do in a couple of days. Why, because you might forget something you really need or you could get bored with what you are working on.
*Don’t wait until the night before to pack your sewing stuff—give yourself several days, that will minimize how much you forget.
*When packing your projects, lay out everything needed for that project in a pile. Review the pattern, double check to make sure you have everything you need. Do you need a special ruler? How about matching thread? Make a pile for the next project, and so on. Just before you are ready to pack them up. Check a third time to be sure you’re not missing anything.
*Pack up each project in a separate bag or tote. Sometimes we use the 2 or 2 1/2 gallon baggies, and sometimes we use the plastic totes, or a combo of both. This will help you to keep the individual projects together and you won’t be hunting for components later.
*Don’t forget to pack your clothes and toiletries!!!
*Don’t forget your medication.
*Don’t forget your cell phone and charging cord.

These are your must have’s:
*Sewing machine with foot pedal and power cord (you’d be surprised how many people forget the cords).
*Extension table for your sewing machine if you own one.
*Sewing machine feet
*Extension cord and power strip
*Rotary cutter
*Mat
*Ruler(s)
*Scissors (fabric & paper)

What are the temps like where you will be? You might need something extra to keep you warm or a fan to keep you cool.

The mattress where I go on retreat is terrible. So I got a memory foam mattress pad to take with me.

I also take my own chair with wheels.

Let's just say it's a good thing I drive a big truck and I don't have anyone with me. :P

Take notes on what other people bring that you wish you had with you - I'll help you with the next retreat!

Have a great time!