View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 07:44 AM
kristakz

Here are a few of my January finishes. I had a bit of a break from customer work after Christmas, and was getting antsy, so I dropped a few of my UFOs on the longarm while I had some time.

This quilt is from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I did a demo for my guild last year, and picked "Joshua's Star" - mostly because I'd never seen it before. Then, when the demo was done I made enough additional blocks to make a donation for Victoria's Quilts Canada. And the binding is a continuous bias binding made from 9 of the leftover layer cake squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607250[/ATTACH]

This is my own design. I wanted to play with the corner border block I found in EQ, so I designed the rest of the quilt to go with it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607251[/ATTACH]

Not one of my favourites, this is a "One-fabric Quilt". I had bought a border print fabric to use with a mystery, and it just did not work when the quilt was done (way too heavy - the quilt has a lot of background space in it). So, I picked up the book at a guild and decided to try it out. Too wasteful for my tastes, so I fudged a bit to get as many blocks as possible - but that meant they did not all align perfectly.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607249[/ATTACH]

If my phone ever gets its brain back, I have 2 more to post.
Attached Thumbnails p1231500.jpg   p1231501.jpg   p1231502.jpg