View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:00 AM
kristakz

I beat my phone into submission, so here are the last 2 photos. That's 5 finishes for January! (so far)

This is my "Summer Sampler" from Freshly Pieced. I used my own fabrics, in an effort to dent my scrap bin (didn't work, but the quilt is all from scraps). And I resized the blocks to 10", so that I could donate the result to Victoria's Quilts Canada. Not a good idea - resizing from 12" to 10" is not that simple. A few artistic liberties were taken, to avoid trying to cut 0.4" and other odd numbers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607253[/ATTACH]

This poor little thing has never gotten and name, and since it's also headed for donation it won't get one. But I bought these fabrics about 5 years ago because I loved them. And then 3 years later hadn't done anything and no longer loved them. But I hauled them to a retreat 2 years ago as a "extra" project, and when it came up I created the design and pieced the top in one day. It topped my UFO list all last year and never made it, so it was actually my very first finish for 2019 (I felt sorry for it).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607256[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1231498.jpg   p1231499.jpg