View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Rose S.

Originally Posted by Quilting_Witch View Post
Hey Everybody,

I'm working on a jelly roll race quilt with a border, and it was too big to pin at my dining room table. When I'm pinning larger quilts, I lay it out on the living room floor an pin it there, on hands and knees. This one took me nearly two hours on hands and knees to pin. Physically it was a misery.

How do you all pin larger quilts that are too big to lay out on a table? There's GOT to be an easier way than what I do! Please enlighten me with your collective wisdom.

Thank you!
You must have been reading my mind...I was wondering how everyone else did their basting. I had an accident last Feb...a bad one...had 3 breaks...have two pins and a metal plate in ankle area. I got fracture blisters and was towards the end of May before I could put weight on my foot. I must have injured my knee when I fell, because it kills me to be on the floor pin basting. I will be okay for maybe half an hour, and then I can barely move.

I have used the method where everything is centered on a table and used binder clips to hold secure while I pin basted...I was not crazy about it, but thinking I might try it again. I have tried and tried to think of an easier way to do it.