View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 08:12 AM
Quiltah Mama

Default ? About Husqvarna Viking mega quilter

I bought a new to me Husqvarna Viking mega quilter with the grace frame earlier this year. I'm now just getting ready to start using it. It came with no leaders, so after much reading on here, made those and they are attached. Today I took the machine off the carriage to oil, thread and get familiar with it. I've discovered the darning plate is on it, not the standard sewing plate. I am unable to sew with it because with the darning plate on the feed dogs don't pull my fabric. I did not receive the standard plate with the set up. By reading the manual and searching online, it appears there is no feed dogs up/down feature like many machines have when you want to FMQ vs straight stitching. I understand the pressure dial and it's adjustment, but with the darning plate on and adjusting the presser foot dial to 3 as suggested in the manual, it still won't feed.
My question is this, is the darning plate thicker then the standard plate to allow even pressure on the fabric, but allow for FMQ or use on the carriage? In my research on the internet, that was the only explanation I could find, but wanted to ask on here. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.