View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Iceblossom

I've finished my flying square blocks and will be working on the border next. It will be another 3 rows of the little squares, there will be duplicates in it.

There are two pieces of the background that are inside out, I caught the mistake in time but decided to leave them in. LOL I've never had to deliberately make a mistake to keep me humble, always plenty of them.

I've rather enjoyed working with this concept of a block. With the modern machine my friend gave me, I don't mind the partial seams, the thread cutter keeps the tail ends down wonderfully. I think I'm going to play with some other variations of this, I have a medium-large kid's animal print that I think would make a good center square instead of the 9-patch for example. Or to have the center of 9-patch and the backgrounds the same, and an assortment of strong colors for the other squares would make sort of a turning gear look.

With the way I set this computer up, I don't seem to have a lot of options to manage pictures (I've gone through the FAQ on it), and I'm working at getting a picture small enough file size.