View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:53 PM
JenF

Originally Posted by thrums
Question of Panasonic Owners: I looked into buying a Panasonic, but these two comments by former Panasonic owners put me off.

The iron turns off too quickly.
Both ends are pointed so you can't set it up on its heal e.g. when adjusting fabric.

What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks so much.
Hi, I treated myself to the Panasonic 360 cordless iron at a Black Friday sale just this past year and I love it for several reasons. Mainly because its so easy to keep by my sewing machine to press and sew simultaneously since it sits in its own base, so I don't worry about knocking it over. Other irons would worry me, and maybe that's just me, but I take great comfort in that.

It's also a nice size being slightly smaller than a regular iron and coming with its own cover for storage and travel. It fits nicely on the table by my machine next to my ironing pad. As far as turning off quickly, I haven't found it to be a problem as it takes about 10 minutes to turn to off and its really easy to push the touch button back to on and it reheat back up super quickly.

On occasion I caught myself going to place it down in a way you can't do because of the two points, (old habits) but I catch myself and find it just as easy to set safe and sound on the base as it is to set a regular iron down on its heel. I also like the way the water reservoir snaps out to take to the sink to fill.

I still have my regular iron too and would pick that for ironing a big piece of yardage on my big ironing board, but for quilting, I love the Panasonic cordless and I iron my quilt squares at more moments in the process than I would have without it. Hope this helps!