View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Always In Stitches

Well it’s been quite sometime since I’ve posted but life goes fast and then you die. My neighbor always says that. Anyway I sold my quilt cabin several years ago and bought the old country school house and land it sat on. Our children all went to country school here, so did their dad So did his dad and so did his dad. So basically Four generations. It was built in1909; so this being 2019 that would be some 110 years ago. Well as you have probably guessed by now, I turned it into my quilt studio, complete with chalk boards, pictures of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and the infamous Mayflower ship. The maps were gone but the flag pole stands with old glory flying most everyday. Old buildings come with lots of problems, so far non that couldn’t be fixed with $$$$$ and lots of it... I’m going to try to post a photo if I can figure that out. As you can guess I’ve also continued quilting since I last posted here and you can see one of my latest published in the the “Quilt Art” engagement calendar for 2019; published by Klaudeen Hansen. It’s a January quilt called, “Finally Finished Jinny”. A Jinny Beyer quilt. Will try to add photo of that also.

It’s calving season here in South Dakota and as I write you a full scale blizzard is on going. We usually check cattle every hour and that usually lasts several hours if not all night. With several hundred head of cows you can imagine the time and labor commitment 2 sixty some year olds put in. Well tonight, of course during the worst weather possible we will not go out to check or save any new babies only because we can’t! The roads are flooded and washing out between here and their location, the Four wheeler will not start, the four wheel drive pickup would get stuck because of 4” of rain and 12” of snow today and the 4 wheel drive tractor we can’t keep the windows dried and defrosted to see any babies and some of the head lights are out plus 60 mph winds we just can’t see the babies so we’re trusting God will be the night hawk for them tonight. I’m praying all of them survive and the banker lets us continue doing what we love! Hope your March treats you well, God’s blessings to you and yours. Always in stitches, Bren
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610242[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]610243[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 5d94f32c-9687-4f09-b02d-04907802fd4c.jpeg   ec6d79da-9150-483a-9a6b-260f10894193.jpeg  

Last edited by Always In Stitches; 03-13-2019 at 08:00 PM.