Old 03-14-2019, 06:29 AM
mea12

Dyequilter, thank you so much!! I have watched a dozen tutorials but yours is the one that addresses this problem head-on, directly and very much ON POINT (pun intended). Not only did you mention it once but throughout the videos and i have watched them several times now. I really love the larger size block..so much can be done w/ just one of that size so i'm actually going to try to follow your directions precisely and hopefully end up w/ one big block can be used as table-topper, wall-hanging, lap-quilt or baby-blanket. can't beat that! I looked as closely as possible and it looks as though your points are there even after sewing on the first border. That's where my problem lies.. they are blunted bc there's not enough room beyond that triangle point for a 1/4" seam. I'm going to pay particular attention to the order i sew those together and will follow this tutorial precisely. So exciting!! I may do this today and will report back!! if i have to lose those points with that border, i will just use a dec stitch to cover..that'll look fine on a block of this size... I hope everyone reading this thread looks at your wonderful tutorial, dyequilter. I see you have many more too!