View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Well now, as far as quilting, I quilt for my own pleasure and only take on projects I want to do, and I think I've said it before on here some place, that I don't mind any of it, really. I'm better at some parts than others, that's for sure. I am liking the FMQ not that I am an expert, but, the piecing has become a means to an end.

I don't like to empty the dishwasher, but, luckily, Mr. Stitchripper does it. This house we've been in for a little over 3 years is bigger than our previous house and we did the Marie Kondo thing before we knew what it was, and really did a big purge before we moved and haven't replaced anything, so it is relatively easy to keep clean. I got rid of tchotchkes a long time ago, so dusting isn't hard. We recently cleaned off some book shelves and donated the books so those are easy to dust. I can get under all the furniture except the couch and that is easy to move. I don't have a stash so don't have to worry about that. And we have a basement now, never had one before, and people before us built in shelves up above the floor so can keep some infrequently used items like suitcases on the shelves. It's a walk out basement, unfinished, but I guess because the light can shine in, it doesn't feel damp.

I'm just grateful my health is such that I can keep up with things.