Old 02-23-2010, 12:21 PM
hereca622

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Bring snacks & water, the food court is pretty good in choices and the lines aren't too long. Time your lunches earlier at 11 or later 1-2 to avoid the main crowd. Upstairs there are more restrooms and Starbucks coffee & snacks etc and good places to sit and REST. Nice observation decks to sit out & enjoy the skyline views.
Also recommend using the PACKAGE check, it's only $1 and oh SO worth it !!
Thanks TexasGurl for remembering some that I forgot. Ever since they moved the food court downstairs, I don't go upstairs. How could I forget about Starbucks?
Package check is my friend. I usually shop for one day and look at quilts another day. When my arm is falling off, I go to package check. They do not provide bags, so you have to bring a large enough plastic sack or tote to hold your stuff. Each time that you put it back, you have to pay $1, so leave it until the end and don't forget it.
If you leave the show doors and plan to return, get your hand stamped.
Do bring a water bottle, which can be refilled at water fountain. BUT keep it hidden on the show floor. If they see you, with it out, it may be taken. So sneak a drink in the back while sitting down. We had an incident, a few years ago, that involved a man throwing bleach on an Elvis quilt. He and the lady had been feuding for a while. So they are touchy about bottles of liquid. Everyone still brings them, we just hide them.