View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:36 AM
lvmybskt

Default My 790

Originally Posted by sewpink View Post
I found a floor model Bernina 880 Plus for $9000. They will also give me a sewing table with a few drawers, the gold Anniversary foot and will clean the machine. Is this a good deal?
I bought a Bernina Floor Model 790 with the embroidery unit. I was able to purchase mine for almost 50% off. I do not regret getting it. I was in the LQS often and when they decided to stop selling Bernina's, they contacted me about the floor model. It's the best machine I have ever owned. I did not get any classes with mine. I do regret that. But I have taken a few classes from my LQS, not where I purchased. They said I would not get classes because of the big discount on the machine. I did get the same warranty. My first cleaning was free and since then I have only had it 2 1/2 years so It's due for a cleaning now. I was told it's $150. I have found lots of online classes and tutorials on the bernina web site. I quilt and sew garments and other items, so this was a dream machine for me. Good luck with your decision. I know its a lot of money but I think I spent wisely. My daughter says she wants it when I can't sew anymore. I intend to sew till I can't anymore....LOL