Old 04-30-2019, 08:58 AM
KalamaQuilts

Originally Posted by comma View Post
I should also mention that the quilt is made of old pieces of denim. Not sure if that matters for display methods or not
Hard for me to see how denim can be harmed by normal folding. Care with folding antique quilts is usually concerned with the fabrics that are shattering due to time/light/dyes used in the day.
The sagging concern comes from the seam lines, causing them to pop over time (and also the whole quilt being pulled out of square). Seams can be resewn, no problems.

About flat between glass/plexi and a board, you'd still have to secure the quilt to the board, all the way around. Professionals probably use strips of velcro the full four sides. It might also have to be framed so bugs and moisture don't get in. Depends on the state of your finances I'd think. With a senior discount and using discontinued framing the 20" square painting I have at Michaels was $53.00 w/glass. The pen and ink Dover castle I had recently framed was closer to $300.00, about 18" X 30". So imagine what you are considering would cost.

No one here would dissuade you from wanting to conserve something special to you! Just offering our multiple opinions again, welcome to the board!