View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 04:25 AM
rryder

I have been doing some of the fly lady routines and have found that her idea of just doing a little at a time, but doing it consistently, has worked wonders in our 2 bathrooms, bedroom, kitchen and hallways. Now they are staying relatively clutter free, somewhat organized and clean enough for close friends to drop by unexpectedly and not be grossed out. I don’t feel that I’m spending any more time trying to clean/declutter than I did before, but with just a few minutes at a time of concentrated attention and turning some things into automatic routines, these areas are looking better than they have in years.

I’ve also hired a professional declutterer/organizer to help DH and me get our offices and studio spaces working more efficiently for us. Right now most of the second floor of our house is studio/office space (divided amongst 4 rooms) and it has gotten to the point where we both have to move stuff around constantly to get to our work surfaces. Anxiously waiting for June 7 when we have our first meeting where she will walk through the house and studios with us and then write up a plan of attack.

Rob