Old 05-31-2019, 03:46 AM
Sharonquilts

My sewing "area" is the corner of a spare bedroom upstairs ... which was fine until I purchased 2 more machines. I have my sewing machine in the corner against the wall, a small embroidery machine on a table at the foot of the bed and my larger embroidery machine on one end of my dining room table downstairs. I cut my fabrics on my dining room table; piece them in the bedroom upstairs; my pressing is done in the laundry room (built-in wall ironing board) downstairs. I assemble my quilt sandwich on my dining room table or living room floor, then back upstairs to quilt it. AND we live in a split-level house. Haha. I get plenty of exercise when working on a quilt. If I had to "tidy" each area every day, I would never get a quilt made. LOL.

I'm trying to talk my DH into donating the bed and getting a quality sofa bed. We don't have guests overnight often ... but do like to have the space in the event we need it. And we have another spare bedroom we can use (we're empty nesters). At least this way I could setup everything in one space and keep the rest of the house more presentable.