Old 06-03-2019, 04:47 AM
Judith1005

Good morning Farmers. It is not an early start in my house today. I am battling a summer cold that my precious grands left with me. (Oh, thank you for sharing. )

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time following the patterns that are provided. I finished Matt the Sheep. And, after much ripping and replacing fabric in spots and doing a touch of hand painting to get the color balance right, I am for the most part very happy with the block. But, it is 3/4" too long. Now, I have to share with you, my blocks notoriously come out short. Yet, this one is long. I tried chopping the 3/4" off the bottom. It made the sheep legs look stupid and stubby. So, took that part off, re-cut and re-sewed piece back on. I have decided that I am going to loose the 3/4" off in the sashing. Yes, it will show, but, hopefully not that much. I have ripped this block apart so many times that I just don't want to mess with it again. I am hoping to hand paint on the eyes and will try that before sewing on the sashing. That way if there is a goof, I can rip and insert a new piece. I have been planning buttons for the eyes, but, with doing the sheep face in black, I don't think it will look right??

Well, okay, I'm working on the picture re-size. (hopefully, just a sec.)

Okay, not a sec, for some reason, the re-size is weirdly taking time. Will back soon as I figure out what the problem is.

Last edited by Judith1005; 06-03-2019 at 04:50 AM.