View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 02:06 PM
SarahBethie

I went to Ikea for the first time and fell in love with the glass display cabinets. I’ve picked out a double unit for fabric that will go with the cutting cart and sewing desk we’re making.

I’m getting rid of my bookcases and most of the titles save food and lifestyle subjects. I subscribe to Scribd and the majority are there. I didn’t buy anything yesterday or feel tempted.

I caught a one day sale on Pyrex mixing and storage bowls with pastel tops. I’m tossing out the plastic ones I had. Snapware is nice but it’s too much. I’m finding more opportunities for a simple or streamlined approach.

Now that I’ve devised a capsule plan and aware of my seasonal color profile and Kibbe body type I’m ready to purge my closet. Although I’m not done yet, I can see where my decluttering and decorating efforts are heading. I’ll have my ideal space soon.

I don’t know how Marie Kondo’s slogan found its way into my vernacular. But a lot of this stuff doesn’t spark joy. I view it as an impediment to the flow and look I’m seeking. Maybe that’s a good thing.