View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Kelsie

I have read this thread from the beginning and found it very inspiring. We are still renovating and last year took everything out of storage (after 3 years) and moved it into the little place we bought. We are living in the RV still but just bought a bed base on Friday that has 6 count 'em six drawers underneath. It is supposed to be delivered in 9 more days and then we will move in. So, I think I have found all the fabric I have but not really sure until we get all the boxes organized. We gutted this place so there has been not a single cupboard to put anything into. Reading here about not keeping fabric you don't love or think you will use, I have sorted out about 1 apple box worth and 1 grocery bag full. I think I only have about 8 boxes which I know is small potatoes to what a lot of other quilters have but I only started quilting as we were retiring and had already bought the RV and were intending to travel full time. Years ago I found a young neighbour was learning to sew and now her brother does also so we will be giving it to them on Tuesday. They make bags and dog beds and all kinds of things so I know it will all be put to good use. They even asked for my trimmings so they could use them for stuffing. I am glad to get rid of some of my ugly colours or patterns that I don't like and with your help I now know I can do that. I don't have to keep it just because it is in my possession.