Old 07-22-2019, 05:34 AM
juliasb

Default Never mind quilting this morning I Must..

Never mind quilting this morning I Must clear off my cutting table. I can no longer even lay a small piece of fabric out because I have cluttered it so bad over the last few weeks. As I have been cutting pieces, threads and tools are all ending up at my feet. Larger pieces of fabric are being pushed to the sides along with markers, scissors, rotary cutters and rulers. Not to mention just "things" I put up here for ease while I am working. What never goes there is a cup of coffee or soda! In the meantime I must get all the "stuff" out of my cutting area. I must decide what to ditch.
The first thing I touched I am already having a problem deciding to keep or toss. A pattern for baby bibs for the recent charity quilting project I was doing. Now I am sure I have more than one but I have to decide when to stop with this project as I have gone a bit overboard with this over the last few months.
I imagine others here run into this same problem. We joke a lot about the housework falling apart when we are sewing/quilting. When do we call it quits and just dig in to find the 'space' again especially in our sewing area. There was a time when everything was put away at the end of the day. Now that I have gone beyond that point in my life I find that I get so involved I don't know that I should stop and straighten up. I can keep going into the middle of the night. Then I am to tired to straighten up and I start up in the morning all over again and the clutter builds up. Now I can barely find my wonderful cutting area. I won't show you a picture until after it is back in shape. How do others here handle it, on a day to day like I use to or let it build like I have been lately.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-22-2019 at 07:06 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps