Old 07-28-2019, 06:39 AM
nanna-up-north

I've always loved the challenge. I do simple, quick to put together quilts for donations and not quite so simple for my great nieces and nephews. I've made a few special wedding quilts for my family as well. The ones I make for myself are to challenge me and often take a long time. I may never win another blue ribbon for a quilt. The stuff being done now days is just so amazing most of the time. But, I've won a few blue ribbons in my day. I still strive for perfection but that's part of the challenge. I always want to improve. I always enjoy the finished quilt, even the simple ones.

I think as we get older we hone in on what we want to do with the rest of our days. Quilting has been my passion for quite a while and I don't see it getting any less. I've met the most wonderful ladies and gentlemen in this field. I'm very happy for my quiet mornings to sew before the busy day gets underway. I do enjoy shopping at a new to me quilt shop but don't buy much. My rule to is buy fabric only when it's on a super sale or when it's something I have to have to finish something up. And, it's not hard to stick to that. I have only one daughter and she'll inherit enough stuff to keep her busy sewing for the rest of her life.