Old 07-28-2019, 06:50 AM
juliasb

I run out of time! Plain and simple. there are just not enough hours in the day to either start, work on or finish a project and still be able to take care of the other important things in life, like DH, home, and health. When it comes to money. There is never enough no matter what the situation. I have a stash that will out live me 3x over. Materials, threads, sewing machines and even batting are not a problem. So who needs money in my house to quilt. DH needs extra help because he has dementia but once I have him settled in the morning I can go ahead and sew to my hearts content until lunch time. then the majority of the rest of the day is his.
I was trying a couple new things this morning (there is always something new to try) and discovered that my hands were more jerky than the last time I did something similar to this. I hope that fixes itself soon or the quilt I am working on will be stuck with some jerky looking quilt patterns <sigh>. Fortunately this quilt is not necessarily for anyone special. Every quilt is a learning experience IMHO.
My happiness is simple and I stay within my means on all things. For me retirement is great. I love my peace and quiet and the ability to be creative along the way.