Old 07-28-2019, 07:42 AM
joe'smom

I embarked two years ago on an organizing/kitting up project. It was partly spring cleaning fever, partly a desire to understand my preferences better so as to develop a vision for my future quilting, partly just my need for order, and finally a realization that I have no more space to store finished quilt tops properly (I'm much slower at quilting than at piecing).

I organized a first group of about 50 projects from my stash, a second group of about 25 (piles of fabric were all over the house!) and am close to finishing cutting and assembling units for these projects. I have absolutely loved seeing these piles of fabric disappear. My next step is to start on a third group of projects I organized this summer, around the many FQ bundles I accumulated (I had a real weakness for FQ bundles when I began quilting). I love the planning process, so this project has been very enjoyable for me.

Beyond these planned projects, I have a vague idea that I would like to finish my quilting days with more hand work and more scrap quilts. It all depends how long I last, but I like the idea that when I exit, whichever of these started projects I haven't finished could be given to a local guild to be finished for charity.