View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 AM
athenagwis

Just wanted to share my new project. I am actually making these blocks using a few ideas I have gathered from around the web. First I am using the Quilt as you go method that K3n described here: QAYG.

Someone suggested in a batting thread that she uses the zigzag stitch to hold down the pieces that are too small to actually piece, which I have a lot of. Many of my pieces are 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch, and really can't be pieced together, so I have been piecing some of the bigger ones and then using a decorative stitch to hold down the smaller ones. I think it gives it a lot of interest. The flower blocks in the pictures is actually the back of my blocks. I had a very pretty bed sheet type fabric that I am using for the back. A little starch on it, and it's perfect!! I am using pieces of leftover batting for these, and it feels great to make something so pretty using only leftovers.

I am piecing these together using the leaders and enders method found here: Leaders and Enders

As I am making other projects I will stick this under the foot at the end, so I don't have to cut threads or have tails. So this project is truly scrappy!! It's only using small scraps of fabrics, scraps of batting, and even scraps of thread to prevent tails on my other projects!! And I have to say it is one of my favorites to date. :)

I have also posted a picture of my pile of scraps that I am working from.

Thanks for looking!!
Rachel
Attached Thumbnails attachment-20018.jpe   attachment-20066.jpe   attachment-20067.jpe