Old 08-03-2019, 08:53 AM
ansew

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
Fallingwater is definitely worth a visit, but not at all close to the other places you plan to visit. Fallingwater is in SW PA, the others are a few hours' drive east.
Yes, we know. We're flying in to Pittsburgh so as to see Fallingwater. My husband is an architect and this is one of Frank Lloyd Wright's designs that is on his bucket list. I, on the other hand, have always wanted to visit some Civil War Battleground sites(but never have)---thus Gettysburg. There is a Civil War Museum in Lancaster, as well.

Our first stop in the early morning will be to Fallingwater for a tour, and then we "try" to book it to Antietam(Sharpsburg, Md). Then we will spend the rest of the time around Gettysburg, Lancaster, and Chambersburg, and then back to Pittsburgh for the return trip to CO. It will be fast and furious and most likely we will need to make a return visit. Would also like to go to Harper's Ferry and the Flight 93 Memorial, but don't think we'll have a chance this go around. We may find that going to Antietam will be too much(after Fallingwater) and may just head to Gettysburg area.

I was born and raised Mennonite(still am) so I'm very familiar with the enclaves of Mennonite/Amish groups and where they are around the US. Even though I would like to spend some time in the Lancaster visiting quilt shops and the like, it is not the main reason we are traveling to PA. Thus, why we most likely will need to make a return trip sometime.

If I have time for only one place to go, it probably will be Zinck's, and I might not even have time for that, but just in case..............

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-03-2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps