Old 08-03-2019, 11:15 AM
Libster

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I joined in Eleanor Burns free Fun on the Farm BOM, but quickly found I wasn't falling in love with the blocks. I guess that's part of the risk of doing mystery quilts. I ended up using Eleanor's patterns for three blocks, then drafting up my own for the other blocks. It's was a lot of fun and we had a very creative crew here on the QB doing it together.

My girls absolutely love this quilts! This one is for my three yr old and I'll be starting a second for my two year old right away (tomorrow!)

I appliqued all the blocks on my vintage Pfaff 130 and stitched and quilted it all on my vintage Singer 15-91. This is the first quilt of mine that I seem to have mastered consistent FMQing stitches! At last! Practice is paying off!

This was the first time I tried basting with Elmers washable school glue. I am in love with that method now! I didn't get any pluckers on the back and no hard lumps of glue. Thank you to those of you who shared using glue for basting!! I might be able to finish some of my tops now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615606[/ATTACH]

Your quilt is precious! Even more so since you made it your own. Well done.