View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 06:13 PM
nanna-up-north

I have a 2008 Handi Quilter Sixteen that I bought used and the original owner only quilted one quilt and got sick and died. So, the machine hadn't been used in a long time when I bought it 3 years ago. I had to send it back to HQ for some maintenace due to it's sitting idle for so long and I updated the prostitcher at the tune of $1500 so be glad the one you're looking at is already updated.

I L the pro-stitcher, but I should tell you about a couple of issues with the Sixteen that seems to be unique with that model. I have stitch regulation and that's the one thing I just had to have. But, when it starts stitching it races at the beginning. You really have to be sure to do your locking stitches well at the beginning. When I stop stitching in a spot, it will stop but not start automatically again. I have to start it again and it races once more. That problem drives me crazy.

You can't change the foot to one that allows you to snap different feet into place. It just won't work on that machine. I do have rulers and use them a lot but would have loved to have that special foot you use with those rulers.

It does the pro-stitcher work beautifully with none of the problems I've mentioned above. Like I said, I L the pro-stitcher.

So, do try it out. Start stitching and then stop like you'd do when quilting to see if the machine you're looking at also has those issues. I've talked with the techs at Handi Quilter and we still haven't figured a way to fix the issues.

As far as the number of stitches, that's not bad at all for a machine that old.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-05-2019 at 02:07 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps