Old 08-17-2019, 04:26 AM
Iceblossom

Wish I had a picture of the other one, but that was all pre-digital. It was very bright and graphic and bright red and yellow and black and white. Fun to see two different interpretations.

It's a fun pattern and I think on most people's piecing bucket list. All sorts of things you can do with it, I went the traditional route for the fabrics and the "Stars at Sea" layout and had to wait years before I had enough stash to begin. 20 years later and I don't have that problem. One of my friends incorporated the heart motif into her quilt.

The other "funny" story about that quilt is one of the center squares is inside out and it was not a deliberate design choice. How many times did I handle that block? I think I count it up and it was something over 20 times between piecing and pressing. Not to mention setting the top and quilting it down. It wasn't until it was hanging in the show that I saw it. No one ever mentioned it. As I like to say, I've never had to put a mistake into a quilt, I make plenty of my own.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 08-17-2019 at 04:29 AM.