Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
wishiwerequilting

For many years i taught quilting in my home where I have a collection of antique quilts. One quilt in particular is very charming and it is basically white with a lot of shirting materials in patches and it has a saw tooth border with tons of triagles.
Students would always admire that quilt. So charming. The real old fashioned cotton batting where you can see the lumps of cotton between the stitches.
Anyway, whenever anyone was being critical of their work, and how this point was cut off and this block did not quite line up, i would take them to see that quilt up close.
I'd say "You know that blue and white quilt you that you love in my entry? let's go look at it up close" and when they did they would see that points were cut off the triangles everywhere and things did not line up. But that quilt has been well loved since the 1920's or 30's by many many people. it's been around for 80 or 90 years keeping folks warm, making them feel loved, and adding charm and warmth to a home. No one cares that the points were cut off or the blocks did not match up.
Once that quilt is in use, no one will be examining stitches, or color placement or whatever it is you are finding fault with.
As long as you are not trying to win a ribbon in a show, perfect does not have to be in the vocabulary of a quilter.
keep on stitching!