View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 03:08 PM
The Quilted Cottage

Originally Posted by Grace creates View Post
I haven't been a beloved quilt store in years, because of where I was living none were available. Now, I'm fortunate to be living near a quilt store. What is the price of fabric going for lately. I was in JoAnne's, which in my opinion is not a top of the line store. To my surprise some fabrics were $12.00 per yard for cotton quilting fabric. What's the going rate in a nice quilt store lately.
Here in So.Cal the prices average about $12 yd. Some a little more, especially backings. But most of the shops have sales regularly for one reason/occasion or the other. One of my favorites recently celebrated their anniversary date so all fabric and notions were 30% off. I enjoyed that sale I live in a semi rural area so have a drive of at least 30 minuted to any LQS. But I love the quality and just make a day of it, stopping at other stores along the way, like Home Goods.

As for JoAnn Fabrics, I generally don't purchase fabric or thread there but recently made an exception. I hadn't checked out their premium line until a friend suggested I might want to since she found the fabric to be much better quality than their so called quilter cottons. She was right! I bought a very pretty batik ($12.99yd minus 30%) and I'm not usually a batik person. It's washed up beautifully and now I've cut it up and am combining it with a stash fabric for flying geese.