View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Oh that's cool too! Would you say that's better for longer strips? I also want to preempt any 'fear of bias' comments - since working with OBWs I don't have this anymore, but personally I'd starch the fabric well before cutting. Bias is your FRIEND - it's there to make things FIT! LOL
I did spray with sizing before I cut but I have never had a problem with bias so I don't think that way. Tho it could be because I usually work in the small stuff and bias isn't an issue there.

As to the length of the strip I would say you can make it as long as you want. You will have to swivel the mini mat but that is just a matter of flipping the length out of the way. I also don't actually measure my strips I just rough cut and open the seams and cut. But I did measure these for those who cannot handle the rough cutting. A lot of people do not like to waste anything so I went with the flo so that would not be an issue here. for me it is faster to just cut and sew with out all the measuring but each to their own. I am about fast and a little waste doesn't bother me.