View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 08:39 AM
rryder

Ok, I have to fess up. A couple of days ago there was one of those Bluprint coupons in my inbox. I've been being really good about throwing them away. But I just finished taking a great workshop with Danny Amazonas and seeing what all you can do with small amounts of brightly colored/highly patterned fabric. Since I love Kaffe Fassett fabric anyway, but most of my quilts don't use those kinds of fabrics, I have only a small amount of Kaffe fabrics in my stash. Anyway, the Bluprint coupon. It was for $20 off $40. There was a 20 piece Kaffe fat quarter bundle on sale at Blueprint for just over $40. It went in my cart. I'm thinking "that's only $1 per fat quarter and the going rate is now $3, Yes!" (there was also a fist pump involved, but no dancing around the studio).

Alas, I'd forgotten about my automatic 15% discount for being a Blueprint member. Now the 20 fat quarters were only going to cost me $37 and change, so no $20 off. That means instead of $1 each they were going to be just under $2 each. That's not nearly as good as getting them for 1/3 the normal cost....What to do??? A Kaffe 42 piece jelly roll in light colors, also on sale, ended up in my cart. Now my cost with the 15% discount was going to be $78. Less the $20 coupon for spending at least $40 equals $58. So I got a 20 piece set of Kaffe fat quarters and a 42 piece jelly roll for $58. Not that I needed them, nor did I check to see how they would fit in to any gaps in my stash...But what a price! errmm......

It was my first fall off the wagon in quite a while....

Today, there was another one of the same coupon in my inbox. I threw it out.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 08-25-2019 at 08:47 AM.