View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 09:32 AM
profannie

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I felt the same way about never figuring EQ7 out when I first got it. In order to create or replicate a block you have to be able to see the segments of the block. Understanding that concept and being able to see the blocks in a quilt I want to make is learned much more quickly than you would think. When I can't figure it out, I bring up the picture of the quilt into Paint and mark off the blocks. Usually with a grid. Lots of times I am surprised at what the actual block is. The secondary patterns created by the blocks being sewn together creates confusion in finding the actual block(s) and is simplified with using the Paint method. I'm glad others stepped up with this pattern. I didn't even think about drawing it in quarters. That simplified the block tremendously. I would still think about paper piecing it. Matching all those points could get interesting.

Indeed, this is a very enlightening experience. Thanks for your help (and for sending me the designs, they are beautiful and very inspiring). Since I'm a bit of a sloppy piecer I am absolutely considering PP it :-)