View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM
shaverg

I am not real fond of dealers that slam other companies products. I have to admit I don't know anything about Babylock other than what I heard at the last show I attended. My friend was at the Babylock exhibit, and I can't tell you how many quilters that stopped by to tell her how much they loved their particular model of Babylock.

Sometimes it is one bad experience, that will jade an individuals idea of a particular brand. Like me I would never buy another singer other than a Featherweight which I own and love. But I had a Singer in the 80s that spent all of it's time in the shop, so it is not on the top of my list as a machine I favor.

I would take the recommendation of a quilter first over the dealer and then try several of the machines I have heard really good things about and try those machines.

I love going to a quilt show and mostly men are selling Longarms, dressed in their suits and they are worse than Used Car Salesmen. I usually look for a quilter that has used the machine and what they have to say about it. Then test drive it. I know their are some great longarm men quilters out their, but they are not usually the ones selling the longarms.

Ok off my soap box.
Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Originally Posted by busiacam
Hi Kay,
Welcome to you from Arizona!
I have many machines for different reasons. I love my two Vikings...#1 and #1+. My Featherweight is a joy to sew on, because it is simple. Bought a Janome Jem Platinum 760 which is the best little machine. It has great stitches and is light enough to take to classes. The price is also very reasonable. I think this is my favorite. Also have a Brother that I use for long arm quilting. Have heard from two dealers to stay away from Baby Lock.
Good luck in making your decision.
Chris
Don't know why the dealers said to stay away from babylock. I have never had any trouble with any of mine & my dealers are super people. Mine sell Phaff & Babylock. I really don't understand.