View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 05:24 PM
origamigoldfish

Default Advice on quilting my top

Just completed my second bed-sized project. The first one i tied because it was way too heavy for my machine. This one I have a new machine, and no real idea on how I want to quilt it. I have done some straight line quilting on smaller projects, and practiced some FMQ on extra blocks made out of scraps.

I think I would rather work with my walking foot on this one; I have so many 'firsts' on this top it is silly. First project on my new machine; first time using a machine with an adjustable needle position. first time using a strip cutting ruler, first time using precuts. The whole thing feels like I have taken a few steps backwards in my piecing skills. Please don't look too closely at the picture, you'll see all my mistakes!

So i have this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]617123[/ATTACH]

I love the colors, but I'm not sure how to quilt it. There's not a lot of movement to the quilt, it feels like all straight lines and hard corners. The last nine patch I did I quilted straight lines, quarter inch away from the seams in both directions so the quilting mirrored the nine patch. I'm afraid that might be too matchy here, and I'd really like to add some texture to all those white blocks. Anybody have any suggestions? Advice?

I'm just not sure what I would like that is in my skill level.
Attached Thumbnails 20190903_172247.jpg